This blog encourages comments, and if you have comments on, or questions about, any of the posts here, I hope you will add your comments.
However in order to prevent spam and inappropriate content, all comments are moderated by me. These are the rules I use when deciding whether to delete a comment or not.
1. Any comments which are not relevant to the main post, or to one of the earlier comments on the same post, will be deleted.
2. A link to your own blog or web-site is fine provided it is in context or is given as part of a genuine comment, for example by way of identifying the author. Blatant advertising however will be deleted.
3. I will sometimes give brief answers to/comment on peoples problems, but I do not guarantee to do this, and any answers given are on the basis that no liability is accepted. It is up to you to check and confirm my comment with your own lawyer. Please see also the disclaimer in the footer of this blog.
4. However any questions asked must be relevant to the post. Wholly irrelevant questions (however interesting they may be in themselves) will be deleted. I may also delete a comment if I feel it has already been answered adequately elsewhere on the site or in the post or other comments.
5. I will also delete any comments which I consider will or might be offensive to readers, or which could contravene any libel or other relevant legislation.
However, please don’t let all this put you off. I know that most of you are genuine people, not spammers or marketeers. If you have something to say about one of the posts, a comment on the law, a question about the subject matter of the post, or indeed a comment on one of the previous comments, I would love to hear from you.